The best power recliners are specifically designed to be operated as seamlessly as possible. They run with electric components, and they can lift with a remote control from a comfortable seating position.
Are you interested in investing in a power recliner? Not sure of what to consider when choosing one? You’ve arrived in the right place. This article is here to help.
- What Is The Best Power Chair Lift Recliners in September 2020?
- 1. Best Overall Power Lift Recliner Chair: Ashley Furniture Yandel Power Lift Recliner
- 2. Best Cheap Power Recliner: The BONZY Lift Chair
- 3. Best Large Lift Recliner for the Big & Tall: Ashley Furniture Ernestine Power Lift Recliner
- 4. Best Small Power Recliner: Esright Recliner Power Lift Chair
- 5. Best Leather Lift Chair Recliner: Irene House Dual Motor Lays Flat Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Best Power Lift Recliner – Buyer’s Guide
- Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle
Below, we’ll not only tell you what to look for when choosing a power recliner, we’ll also provide you with a compilation of the 5 best top rated power recliners on the market today. Let’s get into it!
What Is The Best Power Chair Lift Recliners in September 2020?
|Dimensions, inch||Weight, lb||Material|
|Ashley Yandel Power Recliner|
|40.5 x 35 x 42.5||120||poly fiber||Check Price|
|BONZY Lift Chair Power|
|32 x 37 x 41||89.3||fabric||Check Price|
Power Lift Recliner
|30.8 x 38.8 x 26.5||145||polyester ||Check Price|
Power Lift Chair
|29.1 x 29.5 x 40.1||115||PU Leather||Check Price|
|Irene House |
Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly
|40 x 36 x 37||130||leather||Check Price|
1. Best Overall Power Lift Recliner Chair: Ashley Furniture Yandel Power Lift Recliner
If you’re looking for the absolute best power recliner on the market today, you’re going to want to take a look at the Ashley Furniture Yandel Power Lift Recliner. This recliner shines on all fronts, sporting top-notch durability, comfort, and functionality.
It measures in at 35 inches in width, 40.5 inches in depth, and 42.5 inches in height. With a 20-inch seat, it can accommodate a 69-inch long body when in full recline. In essence, just about anyone can fit in this chair.
Some individuals might find this chair to be a little heavy for their preferences. It weighs in at around 120 pounds, making it difficult for some people to move around and maneuver.
This chair is about the padding; There isn’t a single inch of it that doesn’t have a little bit of give. Not only does its seat area provide tons of cushion, its backrest, headrest, armrests, and leg rest do as well. When sitting in this chair, you’ll feel like you’re sitting on a bundle of clouds.
- CONTEMPORARY POWER LIFT RECLINER: Style and functionality merge together in this dual motor lift chair recliner, With just the touch of a button, the power lift eases you back and elevates your legs for the ultimate lounging experience
- SMOOTH BROWN UPHOLSTERY: Saddle brown upholstery looks like leather, but is actually thick poly fiber with a councey feel-good touch. Designed for comfort with a high back, thick cushions and sturdy corner-blocked framed with metal reinforced seat
- SLOW POWER MOVEMENT: Estimated time to complete a full cycle with 110V from fully reclined to completely lifted is 1 minute. To move from reclined to upright takes 14.5 seconds, ideal for seniors or disabled individuals
Functional and aesthetic
In terms of functionality, this home furnishings power lift chair is exceptional. Equipped with a wired remote, it reclines and tilts with just the press of a button. Whether you need to tilt backward or forwards, it can and will accommodate you. It has a maneuverable and comfortable footrest.
This chair is remarkably sturdy, capable of holding well over 300 pounds. Equipped with a protruding lower-back section, it offers terrific lumbar support, promoting good posture at all times.
Aesthetically, this chair looks great. Available in both brown and black, it looks good in any room. Featuring a classic, luxurious look, it adds an air of sophisticated atmosphere to a room without overpowering the other aesthetic aspects of that room.
Coming with a 5-year warranty, this chair is entirely backed by its manufacturer. Should yours run into motor failure within its first five years of existence, you can trade it in for a new model.
In summary, this chair is great for just about everybody. Whether you have chronic pains, suffer from handicaps, or just want a comfortable chair that operates at high levels with little effort, this chair from Ashley Furniture will accommodate you.
2. Best Cheap Power Recliner: The BONZY Lift Chair
This chair from BONZY doesn’t quite possess the size of the Ashley Furniture chair reviewed above, but it’s an absolute equal in terms of comfort, durability, and functionality. Where this chair truly shines is in its maneuverability, capable of reclining, tipping forward, and carrying out a variety of other movements.
Measuring in at 31 inches in width, 36 inches in depth, and 40.5 inches in height, this is a standard-sized chair. It’s not going to accommodate the biggest of human beings, but it should have no problem accommodating most others. Its seat measures in at 20 inches x 20.5 inches x 20 inches.
The manufacturer suggests a minimum user height of 5 feet tall, and a maximum height of 6 feet tall. The max weight limit on this chair is a high 330 pounds, allowing it to reliably hold the vast majority of human beings on this planet. Featuring a solid metal frame, it should hold up reliably over the years and years of regular use.
Adorned in a velvet fabric, this indoor power chair is not only extraordinarily breathable, but extremely soft to the touch as well. You could sit in it for days without even breaking a sweat. Stuffed with a thick, spongy material, it offers a great deal of give at every turn.
This chair offers plenty of support at every level, from the lumbar to the leg rest. Every inch of it is cushy, allowing you to sink in and find a genuinely desirable sitting pocket, regardless of your shape or size.
In terms of aesthetics, this chair is fantastic. It comes in your choice of three different colors. These colors include gray, smoke gray, and brown. Regardless of the color of your existing decor, you should find a BONZY chair that matches and fits in seamlessly.
This chair is exceedingly easy to use. It has a small remote on its right side, and it can be reclined, tilted forward, and manipulated with the pressing of just a few buttons. Its attached controller is intuitive and user-friendly. Capable of resting in three different positions, it allows you to sit up straight, sit back, or lay down.
The truth of the matter is that anyone would appreciate this chair. Its top-notch functionality makes it a great buy for the handicapped, the aching, and the comfort-seeking. Available for substantially less than the Ashley Furniture chair reviewed above, it offers terrific value at a reasonable cost.
- LIFT CHAIR -- Counter-balanced lift mechanism pushes the entire chair up to help the senior stand up easily without adding stress to back or knees, smoothly adjust to lift or reclining position you prefer by pressing two buttons.
- COMFORTABLE & DURABLE RECLINER CHAIR -- With overstuffed padding and simple lines sketched out the backrest, back with unexpected sense of the parcel, built-in springs in both of back and seat, overstuffed pillowtop arms, more comfortable. The treated cloth surface was characterized by silky hand, good elasticity, certain effect of anti-felting and anti-pilling.
- SUPERIOR METERIAL & DURABLE STRUCTURE -- Bonzy Home electric lift chair with high quality iron frame ensures long-term use, while the structure follows the scientific principle so that the recliner chair is strong enough to withstand a weight of 300 lbs. Breathable and wear-resistant linen surface is easy to clean.
3. Best Large Lift Recliner for the Big & Tall: Ashley Furniture Ernestine Power Lift Recliner
Ashley Furniture appears on our list for a second time; This time with the Ernestine Power Lift Recliner. This chair offers much of what the Ashley Furniture Yandel offers, but with a polyester exterior instead of a faux leather one.
Its polyester lining is both comfortable and durable, capable of providing top-notch relaxation while enduring decades of consistent use and abuse. Though it’s not as soft as the velvet chair reviewed above, it’s still more than smooth enough to reliably get the job done.
Weighing in at 145 pounds, this is a reasonably heavy chair. Some individuals might struggle to move it around. However, with a little help, you shouldn’t have much trouble.
Its heavy weight helps when it comes to max holding capacity. This chair can reliably hold up to 350 pounds at once, allowing it to accommodate the vast majority of users. Supported by a strong metal and wood frame, it’s as sturdy as they come.
Manoeuvrable with forward inclination
Like the other chairs on our list, this chair is exceptionally maneuverable. Not only can it recline at a number of angles, it can tilt forward to get you back on your feet with ease.
It’s as supportive as power recliners come, offering pronounced support at its footrest, armrests, neck area, head area, and lumbar area. Stuffed with high-quality foam, it’s entirely encompassed in cushion.
Aesthetically, this chair lacks in comparison to the others on our list. While it’s not a horrible looking chair, it doesn’t pack the classy and elegant look of the Ashley Furniture chair reviewed above. Not to mention, it’s only available in one color: brown. If a brown chair doesn’t fit your home’s color scheme, you’re going to have to look elsewhere.
This chair comes with a useful side pocket, out of which its controller extends. This controller is straightforward to understand and use. A few presses of some buttons, and you’ll be maneuvering your chair all over the place.
In the end, the chair is great for just about anybody. However, due to its size, it might be best reserved for individuals who are on the large side. In fact, some small individuals might feel as though they’re suffocating in it.
- CONTEMPORARY RECLINER: Prepare for ultimate naps; Soon to be your new favorite living room seat, this recliner goes beyond stylish looks and supports your body with dreamy, pillowy comfort
- DIMENSIONS: 37" W x 38.50" D x 44" H | Seat depth: 20.50" | Seat height: 19.50" | Distance between arms: 22.40" | Reclined footrest height: 19.50" | Fully reclined length: 69.00" | Distance between recliner and wall: 16.00" | Minimum width of doorway for delivery: 30.00" | Arm height: 24.00" | Top of cushion to top of back: 20.75" | Seat width: 21.75" | Fully reclined height: 30.50" | Cord length: 130.00" | Weight: 139 lbs
- POWER LIFT: Relax on comfy high-resiliency foam cushions upholstered in cozy polyester; One-touch power control with adjustable positions; Supported by a corner blocked frame and metal reinforced seat
4. Best Small Power Recliner: Esright Recliner Power Lift Chair
Next up on our list is the Esright Recliner Power Lift Chair; a durable, comfortable, and functional chair which is a great option for small people. Available for a middle of the road price, this chair offers a great deal of value overall.
It’s not as big as the three chairs reviewed above, however, it’s still large enough to accommodate the vast majority of users. It measures in at 29.1 inches in depth x 29.5 inches in width x 40.1 inches in height and is capable of comfortably seating someone up to around 6 feet in height.
The seating section on this chair measures in at 19 inches x 20 inches x 19 inches; Again, this is small compared to the other chairs on our list. Supported by a sturdy steel frame, this chair can hold up to 300 pounds when in its sitting position, and 220 pounds when in its lifted position.
This chair is a faux leather material that is equal parts breathable and soft to the touch. While it will allow body heat to build up, this heat shouldn’t be so substantial that it becomes uncomfortable.
Support at all points
It provides terrific support at all of its points. Your legs will be properly supported, and your arms, your lumbar, your upper back, your neck, and your head as well. This chair, stuffed with a forgiving foam material, provides plenty of cushions.
In terms of functionality, it shines on all fronts. Not only can it recline at a variety of angles, but it can tilt forward as well. It allows for completely customized comfort, regardless of your shape, size, or physical state.
When it comes to aesthetics, this chair is on the high end. It would look good in just about any room you could ever think to place with a classic, elegant appearance. It’s available in three different colors, including coffee, brown, and black.
It sports pockets on both of its sides, the right of which holds its controller. This controller possesses a user-friendly interface, making it exceedingly easy to use regardless of who you are.
In conclusion, this chair from Esright is a terrific little chair. However, due to its size constraints, it’s really better used by individuals who are on the smaller side. If you’re over 6 feet tall, and weigh over 250 pounds, you’re going to be pressing its limits.
- 💺【Non-toxic Material】 - Esright insist on choosing environmentally friendly timber with higher production costs. All wood boards used in our products are formaldehyde-free, conform to the P2 Requirement of California Air Resources Board(CARB). We committed to protect the health of the elderly who chooses our electric lift chair. To help people love how they live in moments that matter.
- 💺【UL Approved Silent Lift Motor】 - With our powerful silent lift motor, our lift chair can pushes the entire chair up to help the senior stand up easily without adding stress to back or knees. With remote control, our lift recliner chair reclines up to 150 degrees,the footrest and backrest are extended or retracted Simultaneously. You can smoothly adjust to customized position and stop lifting or reclining at any position you needed.
- 💺【Heated Vibration Massage & Remote Control】 - This chair come with 4 areas of massage(shin, thigh, lumbar, head) and 5 modes( pulse, press, wave, auto, normal). Dual remote controls will more convenience for elder to control this lift chair. Remote lets you adjust the chair to reclining, sitting, and lifting modes for your convenience.
5. Best Leather Lift Chair Recliner: Irene House Dual Motor Lays Flat Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
If you’re into the feel of leather, this chair is unbelievably comfortable. Not only is it soft to the touch, but it also offers a great deal of cushion. Filled with high-quality foam, it’s equal parts forgiving and supportive.
This chair provides a great deal of support at every level, from its lumbar section to its upper back section, to its armrests, leg rest, and elsewhere. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll get sore by sitting in this chair.
When it comes to maneuverability, this chair is on par with the others on our list. Not only can it recline at a variety of different angles, but it can tilt forward to allow for an easy exit. With a retractable footrest, it accommodates both sitting and laying positions.
In terms of its appearance, it’s terrific. This chair will look classy and elegant in any room. Available in both brown and black, there is sure to be one that meets your aesthetic standards.
One of the negatives of this chair is that because of its smaller size, it may not be the best fit for the big and tall or larger size person.
However, overall, this is a solid chair. Because it can be difficult to maneuver, it’s mostly recommended for those who are not big and tall.
- 【DUAL TUV MOTOR】Different from traditional one, Irene House lift chair is powered by electric and dual motor, each motor is extremely quite, smoothly and independently. The backrest and footrest can be adjustable individually. You can get any position you want easily, lifting this recliner by the 4 buttons hand controller. Push the entire chair up to help seniors to stand up easily, it’s ideal for people who have leg/back problems or people who after surgery.
- 【INFINITE POSITION】The backrest can be operated from 105°to 180°, and the footrest can be operated from 90° to 180°. The position lock of the lift chair is infinite. You can recline to almost level or any degree above that (with or without raising the footrest), and the seat lift―which can be raised and lowered to any desired degree―is an outstanding feature. Extending footrest and reclining feature allows you to fully stretch and relax, like reading, sleeping, watching TV and so on.
- 【COMFORTABLE UPHOLSTERY &STURDY CONSTRUCTION】All wood boards used in our products are formaldehyde-free, conform to the P2 Requirement of California Air Resources Board(CARB). High quality metal frame and padded high density sponge ensure long-term service, so that the lift chair is strong enough to withstand the weight of 300 lbs. Smooth and comfy leather cover will give you comfortable touching experience provide with great support. Breathable leather is waterproof and easy to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do power recliners last?
With proper maintenance and care, a power recliner can last 5-10 years. Most manufacturers warranties do not expend beyond 5 years, but users report having chairs for 10+ years that continue to operate. You can get replacement lift chair parts for most of the common components of your power recliner. New power recliner remotes are around $15-$25 and new gas cylinders run in the $25 range. A new actuator motor can run over $100, but that would be one of the more expensive parts to replace.
Who makes the best power recliners?
Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle makes the best power recliners. They have fantastic reviews from most customers, and a nice 5 year warranty on most parts of the lift chair. Their most popular powered recliner runs under $600 and can purchased online. Their power lift recliners are popular for their large size, with a 69″ fully reclined height. They have an extended 5-year warranty for $11, which for a nearly $600 chair is a steal. Customers report the chair being easy to assemble, and looking really good in their homes.
What are the best lift chairs for seniors?
Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle makes my favorite best lift chair for seniors. My other best pick is the Irene House Dual Motor Lay Flat Power Lift Chair. Both of these chairs offer a quality lift chair that you can order online and expect a high quality chair for the elderly. The Irene House leather model is a little smaller, so if you have a grandpa or grandma who is not too large, that would be my best lift chair choice.
My senior grandpa has used a model similar to the Ashley one for over 10 years and it is still going strong for him at 97! It really helps him get in an out of the chair, in combination with his walker.
What is a powerlift recliner chair? A lifting recliner?
A powerlift recliner chair, or “lifting recliner”, is a powered device that can help elderly, seniors or those recovering from surgery get assistance in getting up and out of their recliner chair. It is essentially a “recliner chair that lifts”. These powerlift chairs are controlled usually with a small remote held by the user. This remote controls the powerlift chair and lets the user rise and lower the chair, or change the angle of the chair to lift to a 45-degree position to assist getting out of the chair. These chairs are popular in the elderly, as your knees and strength weaken with age, a powerlift chair can reduce falls and keep you mobile as you age. My grandpa has used a powerlift chair for about ten years, and he is 97 and still getting around!
These chairs may also be referred to as a “lift assist recliner”. This is because the chair literally rises up to lift and assist the user getting out of it! It’s like someone was beneath your rear and pushes you up and out of the seat. In a controlled and safe fashion of course.
If I was recovering from surgery, and needed assistance getting out of my chair, I would probably go with the Irene House Dual Motor Lay Flat Power Lift Chair, as it’s not too huge, and the leather looks really nice.
Where can I find lift chairs near me?
Lift chairs are sold at numerous retailers around the world. Check Yelp to find specific lift chair retailers near you. However, you can purchase many quality lift chairs online now, with minimal shipping costs. I would consider saving a trip and just have the chair come to you. You can find used and new lift chairs near you on Ebay or Craigslist. Facebook marketplace may have lift chairs in your area as well.
Where can I find power recliners for sale?
What are the best power recliner brands?
The Best Power Lift Recliner – Buyer’s Guide
When you’re sitting in a recliner, you want to relax. The last thing you want to do is contort your body into awkward and uncomfortable positions just so you can reach a lever. Unfortunately, many recliners necessitate that you do that very thing. Fortunately, however, not all recliners do.
What to Consider When Choosing a Power Recliner
When you’re buying a power recliner, you’re making a significant investment. You’ll likely be using this chair for the next decade or so, so you want to make sure that you pick the right one.
When choosing the right power recliner, there are quite a few things you must consider. These things include but are not limited to its size, appearance, level of comfort, and overall functionality.
Most power recliners are relatively large; however, some of these chairs are still larger than others. Whereas some are for short, skinny individuals, others are designed for larger individuals.
If your portable power chair is not big enough for you, you’re going to have trouble feeling comfortable. Before laying down any money, you must be confident that its size will accommodate you.
Though a power recliner with power headrest might be extraordinarily comfortable, and while it might be uber-functional, it’s not necessarily the recliner you should purchase. Comfort and functionality aren’t everything; Your recliner must look good as well.
After all, a recliner is a piece of furniture; If it doesn’t fit in well with the rest of your home’s decor, it could end up being an eyesore. Think long and hard about how your best power recliner for sleeping would look in your home before going and making a purchase.
Power recliners come in a variety of different materials, all of which have their very own benefits and downsides. Whereas some materials are more breathable and comfortable than others, other materials are more durable.
For more information on recliner materials, read below.
The most important thing to consider when choosing a power recliner is your level of comfort in it. While one person might find a specific recliner to be the most comfortable piece of furniture on the planet, another person might consider it an instrument of physical impairment; Everybody is different.
Before purchasing a big man recliner, you have to sit in it. Sitting in a lift chair is the only guaranteed way to get a feel for its comfort capabilities.
Another thing you’ll want to consider when choosing a recliner is the weight. While you don’t want your recliner to be so light that it breaks, you don’t want it to be so heavy that you can’t move it.
Generally, a lift chair should weigh something between 100 and 200 pounds. A recliner of this weight is typically both portable and durable.
The worst aspect of any piece of furniture is its assembly. Regardless of how simple a piece of furniture is, its construction is still typically tricky. Nonetheless, not all recliners are as challenging to put together as other recliners.
If you’re planning on assembling your best recliner loveseat yourself, be sure to know how difficult its assembly will be.
Different power recliners come with varying levels of functionality. Whereas some will only recline and administer a footrest, others will lift forward, allowing you to get out of them with absolute ease.
If you suffer from physical handicaps, a front-tilting recliner can be very useful to you, removing as much strain from your body as possible.
Choosing a Material
As was noted above, power recliners come in a variety of different materials. These materials have different characteristics, providing varying degrees of comfort, feel, and durability. To help you choose the right material, we’re going to discuss the most common materials below.
If you’re looking for a home theater power recliner that evokes an air of luxury, you might consider going with leather. Leather looks great just about everywhere you put it. Not to mention, it’s extremely durable and soft to the touch. The problem with the leather is that it lacks breathability. Sitting in a leather recliner for a prolonged period could result in your sitting in a pool of sweat.
Looking for the best power recliner for the elderly that will last over the long-haul? If so, you need to consider going with polyester. This material doesn’t possess the high-end look of leather, but it does possess the high-end durability. Very breathable, it doesn’t lack in comfort either.
There are two primary problems with polyester. One problem is that it doesn’t look great. The other problem is that it can feel a little rough on the skin at times.
Nylon is a terrific recline material that offers a good combination of durability, comfort, and aesthetic. Soft to the touch, yet capable of withstanding wear and tear, it will provide you with decades and decades of top-notch relaxation.
The only problem with nylon is that it tends to fade in color over the years.
Cotton is a decent, yet flawed material for recliners. While it’s exceedingly soft to the touch, it lacks breathability, causing your body to heat up after prolonged use.
In most cases, the color of cotton furniture will fade fairly rapidly compared to other types of furniture.
An all-natural material, wool is ridiculously comfortable and fairly durable. Absorbent and durable, it’s capable of holding up admirably over time.
The one big problem with wool is that it lacks breathability. Because of this, it’s often blended with synthetic materials, reducing the risk of body heat buildup.
Every one of the power recliners I review above is of very high quality. You wouldn’t be making a mistake by choosing any one of them. However, one recliner stands out above the rest: The Ashley Furniture Yandel Power Lift Recliner.
Big, comfortable, and durable, it will last through decades of consistent use. Equipped with two motors, it works as smoothly, and as seamlessly as any power recliner you’re going to find.